- The Team USA softball uniforms look like the sort of thing that you'd find in a competitive rec league, not the Olympics. Seriously, can't we do better? And what's with the huge swoosh, anyway?
- Three bookcases down.
- The padding in bike shorts really does make a huge difference. Believe it.
- Speaking of things that work, icing down sore joints isn't just a myth.
- Chopping up large fruit can be remarkably soothing.
- Dobkin and Kottke: America's next great synchronized diving team.
- Everyone piles on NBC's coverage of the Olympics (to save you the time: people want more sports and less talking), so I won't do it here (well, see infra), but I have to say that ESPN's coverage of the Olympics is really pretty bad.
- Speaking of things that are bad, this chihuahua movie that's being advertised on TV right now looks truly horrific.
- I expect less than half the competitors who start the Olympic marathon to finish it.
- California is weird.
- Average body-fat percentage among Olympians: 0.0%.
- Olympic-level intensity: scary or inspiring? I'm leaning towards scary, myself.
- OK, here's my beef with NBC's coverage of the Olympics: apparently no-one at the ENTIRE FREAKIN' NETWORK knows how to pronounce "Beijing". See this video for instruction on how to do it right..
A few notes that would maybe have gone on Twitter, but hey, whatever (Special Olympics Edition)
Erm, what the title says.