Yes, I’m back, and I’d like to thank Lady Crumpet and my father for stepping into the breach while I was gallivanting. And now that I’m back, here are a few quick bits:
- This video of a Japanese fisherman running through an incredibly difficult obstacle course is really worth watching, to see what humans are capable of (via my friend Martin)
- This has already hit all of the usual suspects, but it’s such a great story that it’s totally worth reading: Joshua Bell busks in the DC Metro
- So apparently there’s this Brooklyn Law 3L who took it off—all off—for Playboy TV. I’m kinda split on the issue. On the one hand, it shows a certain, uh, lack of judgment on her part. After all, it was going to be distributed publicly and she must have known that people were going to find out. On the other hand, it’s not like she actually did anything dishonest or did anything that would affect her ability to, you know, actually be a lawyer.
- Global Voices has redesigned. It’s been really amazing and gratifying to see how GV has grown from the days when I was cranking out every day’s content manually from a
closetconference room at the Berkman Center back in the summer of 2005…
- How to make perfect bacon, the formula.
Also, I’ve uploaded photos from Hong Kong, London, and Munich; the easiest way to view them en masse is via the Tabblo version (as linked above), but you can also hit the Flickr versions for a better look at the individual pictures: HKG, LDN, MUN.
I’m still working on the Vienna pictures…